It’s all about the Olympics these days, new world records, great achievements….So in the name of the great sports stars we give you some interesting facts about one of great Olympic achievers – Usein Bolt.
Keep scrolling to learn more about the fastest man in the world.
1. The fastest man in the world was born Usain St. Leo Bolt on 21st August 1986, in Sherwood Content in Trelawny parish, Cornwall county, Jamaica.
2. His parents Jennifer and Wellesley ran the local grocery store in his hometown.
3. Usain Bolt’s first sport was cricket. He and his brother Sadeeki used to play cricket a lot when they were kids.
4. He was only 15, and the youngest ever gold medalist of the World Junior Championship, who win the 200 meters race.
5. Usain was the first to hold the World records, World Championship records and Olympic Games records at all-three sprint events (100 , 200 and 4×100) at the same time.
6. The athlete is also known for his signature “To Di World” pose.
7. Usain Bolt is the first and the only junior athlete to break sub 20 seconds in 200 meters.
8. The sprinter was offered several American colleges’ scholarship but Bolt declined all of them to remain in his native town to train.
9. Usain Bolt is a big fan of Christiano Ronaldo, and he has shared some sprinting tips with him.
10. Usain Bolt’s first Olympics were at 2004 where he was eliminated in the first round of the 200 meters with an upset time of 21.05 due to an injury.
11. Bolt can cover the last 40 yards of the football field in just 2.95 seconds.
12. Usain’s father says that his son is super fast thanks to “Yam Power.” The sprinter himself admits that he loves chicken nuggets.
Despite all of his achievements and medals Usein Bolt is one very modest and down-to-earth sportsman. A great human being and excellent runner, he is the perfect role model for every aspiring sportsman.